What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Google Contacts?
Google Contacts is Google's contact management tool.
Organize, review, and merge your contacts. Create personal mailing lists. Quickly send messages to groups of people you contact the most, without entering their addresses individually. With Google Contacts, it’s easy to keep all your contact information in one place and reach several people at once.
Google Forms to Contacts: Use Case(s)
"Create Contact" in Google Contacts on Google Form Submission
Create Contact on Form Submit
Demo Video: How to create Google Contacts from Google Form submission?
Setting up Google Contacts in Form Director
Choosing App and Service
- Select Google Contacts from the list of applications
- In order to create an event select Create Contact under Service
Configuring Google Contacts
- Choose the label or group in which you need to create the contact
- Click Setup Mapping
- Mapping of form fields to that of Document fields is to be done in order to publish your new document with your form data
- Click on the add icon to add new mapping
- Once you have done mapping you can save the service
- Note : Mapping should be done between app field and form field of same type.
- Click Edit Email Template and edit the template as required.
- Select the type of attachment you need to send with email.
- Click Pick Drive Files to attach files from drive to email.
- The Email Template looks like the following.
- Enter your Email and customize the template.
Finish setting up
- Save service
You are all set to create Google Contacts on your Google Form submission