Google Forms to Google Tasks: Create tasks from Google Form Submission.
What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Google Tasks?
Google Tasks lets you create a to-do list within your desktop Gmail or the Google Tasks app.
Google Task app enables you to create tasks and task lists from the form data
Google Forms to Tasks: Use Case(s)
> Create a Google Task and assign it to an employee and assign a due date for it.
Create Tasks on Form Submit
Choosing Apps and Services
- Create a service name as required.
- Select Google Task from the list of applications
- Select Create Task from the services list.
Setting Up Google Tasks
- Setup Google tasks configuration.
- Select the task list in which you want to create the task.
- Mapping of form fields to that of Slide fields is to be done in order to publish your new Slide with your form data
- Click on the add icon to add new mapping
- Once you have done mapping you can save the service
- Note : Mapping should be done between app field and form field of same type.
- Click Edit Email Template and edit the template as required.
- Click Pick Drive Files to attach files from drive through Email
- Click Save to save the services.
- The Email Template looks like the following.
- Enter your Email and customize the template.
Finish Setting Up
- Save your service.
You are all set to create task on your Google Form submission.
- Submit Google Form
Your Google Task will be created.