Google Forms to Mail: Send templated and rich emails on Google Form Submission
What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Mail?
Mail is the most widely used features of the Internet, along with the web. It allows you to send and receive messages to and from anyone with an email address, anywhere in the world.
Google Forms to Email: Use Case(s)
> Send templated emails for confirming order submission to customer, project and delivery teams.
Create Event on Form Submit
Demo Video: How to send Emails from Google Form Submission?
Setting Up Email in Form Director
- Select Email from the list of applications.
- In order to create an event select Send Email under Service.
- Click Edit Email Template and edit the template as required.
- Select the type of attachment you need to send with email.
- The Email Template looks like the following.
- Enter your Email and customize the template.
- Any files from drive can be attached to Email.
- Click Pick Drive Files to attach the file that needs to be attached to Email.
- The attachment file will be added at the bottom, you can remove the file by clicking the delete icon.
Finish Setting up
- Save service
You are all set to send email on your Google Form submission.
Sample Email Output
Mail App in Form Director uses GMail Service. It is important to understand that GMail has its own quota.
Please see below for details.
Google Plan - Email recipients per day
- Consumer (e.g., gmail.com) - 100 per day
- G Suite free edition (legacy) - 100 per day
- G Suite - Basic / Gov - 1500 per day
- G Suite Business / Enterprise / Education - 1500 per day
- Early Access - 1500 per day