What is Auto Increment?
Auto Increment is an incremental field that allow users to track each of their form submission in an incremental order.
Type of Auto Increment
There are 2 type of Auto Increment in Form Director.
- Response Auto Increment
- App Field Auto Increment
How to use Response Auto Increment?
Using Response Auto Increment user can assign generated document name dynamically with auto increment (prefix/ suffix). e.g: Client_1, 2_Appointment etc.
- Click on menu
Click Settings from menu.
- Set the initial auto increment value.
- Open any service and enter Generated Document Name.
- Select Response Auto Increment from list.
- Response Auto Increment will be appended with entered name once you selected.
- When Form is submitted the generated document will be Client_1 in your drive.
How to use App Field Auto Increment?
When client submit the form and you want each submitted form include custom value like INV_001 or CUST_222 in your response you can achieve using App Field Auto Increment.
- Open any service and click on edit mapping.
- select the app field and click the edit icon
- select the Calculated Field
- select the type as Predefined and Predefined type as Auto Increment
- Enter the Prefix text
- Enter the number of digit you want after prefix text.
- Enter the last auto increment value and click save