What is Error Notification?
Form Director not only sends success notification email on successful Form submission, but also sends Error notification with more details about the error through email.
Error Notification is a email notification by Form Director that will be sent to users if any error occurred during Form submission. The error notification can be due to incorrect mapping settings, interfacing with apps, inadequate permissions etc.,
For example, the Start date in Google Calendar is a mandatory app field to be mapped to respective form field.
Contents of Error Notification
Contents of the error notification email:
- The service where error occurred will be mentioned in Email.
- The Application where error occurred will be mentioned.
- Show all filled Form Fields Data in a table.
- Show all App Fields Data (according to your mapping) in a table.
- Show all System Fields Data (form related system fields) in a table.
- The error email will be generated and sent to the Form Owner, Collaborators and to the email address (To and Cc) mentioned in error notification settings (not to the Form Submitter).
If the error is from configuration side, the users can try to resolve it. If not, the users can contact Form Director team to resolve it. The below image shows a sample Error notification email.
Sample Error Notification
Error Notification Settings
- Go to menu > Settings
- In the Error Notification Settings section, you can configure who should be notified with email, when your service fails.
- The Form Owner is the one who created a form. He/she will be always notified if there are any error notification.
- In case of shared drive, the form owner will not be there. So the Shared Drive Organizers will be notified.
- The Form Collaborators are the form editors who can use or edit the form. You can configure this if you want to notify all the collaborators.
- Specific Emails are those emails which you can mention explicitly by adding multiple To and Cc emails. You can configure this if you want to notify multiple email (To and Cc) address.
- The Jivrus Support can be notified if you want our Team to investigate why you get this specific error and get back with possible solution.
- Form data includes all the data which you have configured in the form director. You can include form data if you want to see the detailed form fields, system fields and app fields in the error notification email.
- After configuring the error notification settings, click on the Save button.
Error Correction and Support
- Once you get the error notification mail with detailed errors, you can go back to form director and correct the configuration.
- The error notification can be regarding mapping the fields. In the above sample error notification email, the error details says that 'Start date is required to be mapped in the service configuration'. So it is mandatory to map 'Start date' with the date in the form.
- Once the error is corrected in the configuration, Form owner/collaborator can reprocess responses.
- Read FAQ to get your queries and issues solved.
- If you are not able to find your issue in FAQ, feel free to reach out to Jivrus Support Team for better solution.