Google Forms to Webhook: Make HTTP POST request on Google Form submission
What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Webhook?
A webhook (also called a web callback or HTTP push API) is a way for an app to provide other applications with real-time information.
A webhook delivers data to other applications as it happens, meaning you get data immediately.
Google Forms to Webhook: Use Case(s)
> "POST" to a webhook url on Google Form Submission
Create POST request on Form Submit
Create POST request
- Choose Webhook from the list of apps
- Name your service
- Choose Post under services
Provide Webhook URL
- Please enter the url in which you need to send post request
- Configure the headers that need to be send along with the POST request
Create Query Params
- Configure Query Parameters that need to be send along with the Webhook URL
Content type can be of three types
- Please type in the JSON format in the text box
- You can insert Form Field into JSON
- Please Specify the Form Content
- You have any number of Form content
- If you need data needs to be send to the application in raw format use Raw
- You can do a basic Authentication by providing user name and password
Loading App Fields
- Click on Load App fields to load dynamic fields that you have entered in the headers, query params and content
- you can map these app fields with Form fields or Templated Fields or Calculated Fields
Steps for mapping from field with Webhook app fields
- Click on setup mapping
- Choose the form field
- choose the app field
- click save
Finish setting up
- Save service
You are all set to make a post request to the webhook URL on your Google Form submission
Submit the Form
Submit the Google Form