What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Database?
A database is a data structure that stores organized information. Most databases contain multiple tables, which may each include several different fields
Google Forms to Database: Use Case(s)
> Create Customers, Orders, Tickets, Invoices, Payments, and literally anything on your Database table by submitting Google Form
Create Documents on Form Submit
Setting up service
- Name your Service.
- Select the Application as Database.
- Select the service as Create Record.
CREATING NEW DATABASE CONNECTION
- You can create a new database connection on clicking on "Create new connection".
- Provide Details such as connection name, database type, host name, database name, user name and password.
- you can test your Database connection by clicking on "Test Now".
- On successful connection it displays "Connection tested successfully".
- On failure connection it displays error message.
SELECTING DATABASE AND ITS TABLES
- Once you have an connection you can select the connection .
- Selecting a connection will connect you to the database
- On successful connection the list of tables in the database gets shown
- You can select a table in which your form data to be stored
- Click Setup Mapping and setup the mapping.
- Mapping of form fields to that of Document fields is to be done in order to create record with your form data.
- Click on the add icon to add new mapping.
- Once you have done mapping you can save the service.
- Note : Mapping should be done between app field and form field of same type.
- Click Edit Email Template and edit the template as required.
- Select the type of attachment you need to send with email.
- The Email Template looks like the following.
- Enter your Email and customize the template.
Finish Setting Up
- Save service
You are all set to create record on your Google Form submission.
- Submit Google Form