Google Forms to Database: Create record in any Database table on Google Form Submission.
What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Database?
A database is a data structure that stores organized information. Most databases contain multiple tables, which may each include several different fields
Google Forms to Database: Use Case(s)
> Create Record or Document on Database Tables/ Collections
e.g. Create Customers, Orders, Tickets, Invoices, Payments, and literally anything on your Database table by submitting Google Form
Create Record/Document on Form Submit
Demo Video: How to create record on Database Table from Google Forms?
Connect with MySQL and create record on table from Google Form Response
Connect with MS SQL and create record on table from Google Form Response
Connect with Oracle and create record on table from Google Form Response
Connect Cloud SQL and create record on table from Google Form Response
Connect with mLab MongoDB and create document on collection from Google Form Response
Connect with Cloud Firestore, and create document on collection from Google Form Response
Connect with Cloud Datastore and create entity on kind from Google Form Response
Setting up service
- Name your Service.
- Select the Application as Database.
- Select the service as Create Record.
CREATING NEW DATABASE CONNECTION
- You can create a new database connection on clicking on "Create new connection".
- Provide Details such as connection name, database type, host name, database name, user name and password.
- you can test your Database connection by clicking on "Test Now".
- On successful connection it displays "Connection tested successfully".
- On failure connection it displays error message.
SELECTING DATABASE AND ITS TABLES
- Once you have an connection you can select the connection .
- Selecting a connection will connect you to the database
- On successful connection the list of tables in the database gets shown
- You can select a table in which your form data to be stored
- Click Setup Mapping and setup the mapping.
- Mapping of form fields to that of Document fields is to be done in order to create record with your form data.
- Click on the add icon to add new mapping.
- Once you have done mapping you can save the service.
- Note : Mapping should be done between app field and form field of same type.
- Click Edit Email Template and edit the template as required.
- Select the type of attachment you need to send with email.
- The Email Template looks like the following.
- Enter your Email and customize the template.
Finish Setting Up
- Save service
You are all set to create record on your Google Form submission.
- Submit Google Form
- Boom! you get a new record (doc/ entity) on your database in a few seconds.