Google Forms to Insightly: Create Insightly contacts, leads, opportunities & projects on Google Form Submission
What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Insightly?
Insightly is the CRM software for Gmail, G Suite and Outlook. Sign in and experience a cloud-based CRM platform built for lifelong customer relationships.
Google Forms to Insightly: Use Case(s)
> Create contact, lead, opportunity, project in Insightly
Create contacts/ lead/ opportunity/ project on Form Submit
Demo Video: How to create Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Projects on Insightly from Google Forms?
how to set up Insightly
- Name your service
- Choose Insightly from the list of Applications
- Choose Create under services
Insightly uses API key authorization
To know your API key go to user settings in Insightly and you will find API key .
- Copy the API key and paste in the key text box and click on right arrow.
- On successful connection it will return your details.
- Choose an entity to create.
How to get API key from Insightly?
- Login into Insightly
- Click on avatar image on the top right corner
- Click on User Settings
- Look for API Key section in User Settings GUI
- Copy the API Key (from your Insightly GUI)
- Mapping of form fields to that of app fields is to be done in order to create contact with your form data.
- Click on the add icon to add new mapping
- Once you have done mapping you can save the service
- Note : Mapping should be done between app field and form field of same type.
- Click Edit Email Template and edit the template as required.
- Click Pick Drive Files to attach files from drive through Email.
- Click Save to save the services.
- The Email Template looks like the following.
- Enter your Email and customize the template.
Finish setting up
- Save your service.
You are all set to create contacts on your Google Form submission.
- Submit Google Form
Your contacts will be created.
You are all set to create contact, leads, projects and opportunities on your Google Form submission.