Google Forms to Asana: Create Asana Task on Google Form submission
What is Form Director?
Form Director is a G Suite add-on that directs data submitted from Google Forms to applications like Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Email, Trello, Slack, QuickBooks etc.
It is available in the G Suite Marketplace and Chrome Web Store. Please check installation instructions to install the add-on.
What is Asana?
Asana is a web and mobile application designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work.
Google Forms to Asana: Use Case(s)
> Create Asana tasks on Form submission
Create Asana task on Form Submit
Demo Video: How to create Asana Tasks from Google Form
Setting up Asana
- Name your service
- Choose Asana from the list of Applications
- Choose Create Task under services
Click on "Connect to asana"
- Login to Asana.
- Click on Allow to Form Director to access your Asana account for creating tasks.
- Choose the workspace from the list
- Choose the project in which you need to create task
- Click Setup Mapping and setup the mapping.
- Mapping of form fields to that of app fields is to be done in order to create Asana card on form submission.
- Click on the add icon to add new mapping
- Once you have done mapping you can save the service
- Note : Mapping should be done between app field and form field of same type.
- Click Edit Email Template and edit the template as required.
- Select the type of attachment you need to send with email.
- Click Pick Drive Files to attach files from Drive to Email.
- The Email Template looks like the following.
- Enter your Email and customize the template.
Finish setting up
- Save service
You are all set to create Asana cards on your Google Form submission.
- Submit Google Form